Adsense

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Skate party

Tonight I took N to her first elementary school skate party.  She has been asking to do this since she began kindergarten, but due to being almost 9 months pregnant at the time then caring for a newborn and a toddler for the past two years I have been unable to do so.

I finally decided it was time to stop putting this poor child off and take her skating.  (She and I have gone skating one time prior on a weekend, back last winter.)  But at tonight's event, she had friends with whom to skate, which means she had far more fun than bugging around with her dear old mom.  She kinda blew me off a bit.  Fortunately, my feelings are not easily crushed.


The skates are on, and she's ready to roll.  
(It was "Wear Green Night.")

I loved skate parties when I was in elementary school.  I distinctly remember clinging to the rails for dear life my first few attempts.  Eventually I asked for speed skates for Christmas because as I got older I started spending every weekend at the skating rink where I rolled in circles and developed crushes on some pretty skanky guys.

And she's off......

And she's down....


Back up again....with the hoodie off, sweat on her brow, doing the Frankenstein skate shuffle.

With her BFF.

Love helping my girl make memories.

1 comment:

Keri said...

"developed crushes on some pretty skanky guys..." HAHAHAHAHA!!! I laugh because I relate!!!