I'd say it is almost a little slice of heaven for him.
He knew he would get no sympathy from me when I suggested the other day that afterwards we could compare scars. Mind you, I appreciated his anxiety over the "Friday procedure" and knew it would cause discomfort. But I've made my mental list of all things reproductive with which he and I have had to contend throughout our relationship.
- Pap smears every year since age....18, I guess. Nothing like having your innards mangled by a speculum.
- Birth control pills every single day and all the moodiness/nausea/loss of libido that ensues from those.
- Morning sickness 3 times....the longest bout lasting a full 11 weeks. The others ranging from 4 - 7 weeks.
- Being induced with pitocin and laboring unmedicated for 8+ hours.
- Having my clitoris tear during delivery (I kept saying I felt myself tearing to the doctor and she was like, "You're fine." Yep, my perineum was fine. The upside was SOOOOO not).
- Numerous ovarian cysts when coming off birth control in an effort to conceive G.
- Having an excruciatingly painful external cephalic version performed on me to try to get G out of breech position.
- Cesarean section to deliver G when ECV didn't work and 6 weeks of recovery.
- Cesarean section to deliver M and 6 weeks of recovery.
- Infected c-section incision following birth of M, requiring lancing of nice pus bubble.
- Enduring bleeding and cracked nipples 3 times for up to 3 months while getting breastfeeding established.
- Two little incisions on his testicles requiring 2 days worth of pain pills.
Yeah, no sympathy from me, baby.