Adsense

Monday, November 28, 2011

Month of thankfulness


Things I was thankful for via Facebook, November 2011
(My goal was to be thankful for and mindful of the little things....not just the big obvious ones like my husband and kids.)

Nov 1-3
Here's 3 things I'm thankful for (since I missed days 1 and 2 of daily thanks):
*Flavored creamer in my coffee
*English muffins with cream cheese and strawberry preserves
*The free public library's online book reserve system

Nov 4
I am thankful that, for the moment, G is waking me up during the night to pee in the potty instead of for his usual random needs, which are known only to him.

Nov 5
I am thankful that one day I will go through menopause.

Nov 6
I am REALLY thankful for Lexapro and my psychiatrist.

Nov 7
Is thankful for another round (#4) of refinancing the house. Shaving off lots of interest.

Nov 8
Is thankful my parents get back this week from their 14-day European cruise. I miss 'em.

Nov 9
Is thankful for antihistamines, decongestants, allergy shots, guaifenesin, hydrocortisone and all the other allergy-related things I use to keep my head and body from exploding, dripping and itching.

Nov 10
Is thankful all of my children were born healthy, without severe physical and mental disabilities. Sometimes I forgot what a blessing this is in the midst of aggravating "normal" child antics.

Nov 11
Is thankful for the peace that comes with knowing my family is complete and that I won't have to gestate, deliver, nurse or raise any more children than the 3 I have.

Nov 12
Is thankful for the ability to read and write.

Nov 13
Is thankful for the cuteness that is 2-year-olds in footed pajamas.

Nov 14
Is thankful for 6 hours of solid, uninterrupted sleep.

Nov 15
Is thankful for my bi-weekly fitness class and the good health to be able to participate in it.

Nov 16
Is very thankful I will be volunteering in N's classroom this morning because my a**hole sons have driven me crazy, and it's only 8:08 a.m. Must get away from them so as not to kill them.

Nov 17
Is thankful for indoor plumbing.  

Nov 18
Is thankful for G's speech therapist, Ms. Melissa. In addition to being a super nice lady, she has helped make huge improvements in G's communication skills.

Nov 19
Is thankful for Tony W, a stylist who "gets" my hair and makes it look great every time. 

Nov 20
Is thankful for having friends in the right places (like Bill T). Networks are a good thing.

Nov 21
I am thankful for public education.

Nov 22
Is thankful for Thanksgiving stories composed by 7-year-olds about a turkey and beans that jump out of the refrigerator and leave the family without a feast.

Nov 23
(no post due to stomach bug)

Nov 24
Is thankful the stomach bug I had was mild and short-lived so I was able to share a Thanksgiving meal with my family.

Nov 25
Is thankful I have neither the desire nor the energy to engage in Black Friday shopping of any kind.

Nov 26
Is thankful for the Zoo and Free Public Library for keeping our family entertained over the long weekend without getting anywhere near a shopping mall.

Nov 27
Is thankful that my husband does the clean-up.

Nov 28
Is thankful to be seeing a good friend this evening.

Nov 29
Is thankful for my husband who, even, though sick with a stomach bug, manned up and watched the kids so I could do Sips 'N' Strokes with my BFF.  




No comments: