Adsense

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Book club ornament

The book club I'm in does an ornament exchange every December.  In the past I have tried to purchase ornaments that somehow related to a book we read.

One year we read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See, and that Christmas I just happened upon an ornament at Pier One that looked like a little geisha girl.

This year I had it in my head that I wanted to get an ornament in the shape of a book.  Given that I don't have oodles of time to shop alone, I figured it was going to be nearly impossible to find what I envisioned and at a cost that was reasonable ($5 or less).

So, I decided to make a book ornament.


Inside I wrote a poem about our book club and listed the books we read this year.




I'm quite pleased with how it turned out!

1 comment:

Keri said...

Man, you have a serious creative/crafty gene in you, don't you? That looks gorgeous, and I love the fun idea of a poem inside it. I don't suppose you'd be willing to share the poem in a separate blog post.....?