But here are the highlights:
1. I completed my 2nd article for a local family magazine, so that is exciting.
2. I finally just called an exterminator to deal with these stupid ants that keep making an appearance in my living room. I generally try to abide by a "live and let live" philosophy, but scurrying ants just makes my OCD go into overdrive. I hate to admit how much sick pleasure I am getting from seeing their dead carcasses every morning around the picture window.
3. I am reading about 4 books at the moment: The Help by Kathryn Stockett is for this week's bookclub, but I don't think I will finish it by then. Then there's The Male Brain and The Female Brain....good, geeky stuff. And The Reader, which is waiting patiently for me to complete The Help.
My bedside table.
4. Gardening every day this weekend. Moving plants. Giving plants to friends and neighbors. Rearranging. Ahhhh, good for the soul. When I'm not so tired from gardening, maybe I'll post some pictures of my garden.
5. Spending loads of time with the kids....
Taking a tour of a local bakery.
G eating a cupcake at my niece's 1-year birthday party.
M napping at my niece's birthday party.
N's new swimsuit which we purchased this weekend.
Mamaw giving N a ride in the wheelbarrow-type contraption.
G checking out a worm.
The kids and my niece in the pool I spent all afternoon on Friday pumping up.