Adsense

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Clobbered

I knew this day would come, and I hoped that I would witness it.

It has been coming in small increments---G pestering M in whatever way he felt like pestering and M standing up for himself.  G taking toys out of M's hands, getting up in M's face and blowing raspberries, putting his feet on M's side of the couch while they watch tv.   All of these were followed by M screeching in ager, M hitting G, or M attempting to head butt G.

One day last week M was playing with some monster trucks and G grabbed one or did something that interrupted M's quiet involvement in his toys.  M took a monster truck and hit G on the head, causing G to cry and scream.  G followed up by hitting M in the head with a monster truck, causing M to cry and scream.  Both boys ran to me, tugging at my pant legs, tears streaming down their faces.  I took both boys upstairs for a book and naps.  Sheesh.

Just now, M was playing with a toy in the upstairs hallway.  G did his usual.  I told G to leave M alone.  The next thing I know, I hear M screeching a bit but as I walked over to deal with G, I saw M lift the toy and clobber G in the head with it.  Hard.

This was his weapon.



This is what G had been using to pester his younger brother.


I am hoping it doesn't take G too terribly long to understand that baby boy is no longer just gonna take it.  G will be getting his just desserts.  

1 comment:

Keri said...

This post made me laugh! I love that M is finally realizing that he has some power beyond just crying for your help. It should be interesting to see how long it takes before G's pestering slows down or stops.

Audrey is my pester-er, and sometimes lately I tell her siblings that they have permission to just hit her or push her or do something to make her stop (other than holler/whine "Mama! Audrey's bothering me!")

Is that bad? So far neither of them has taken me up on my suggestion, but it may just be a matter of time...