Adsense

Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy anniversary to me

This week marks 5 years that I have been doing this blog.  You'd think in 5 years I'd have some some different things to talk about.  That I'd be more interesting.  

But no.  

It made me feel better recently to read a post by Teacher Tom in which he said he generally writes about the same old stuff but he tries to write in such a way that it all seems new.  

Sometimes I think about when or whether I will stop blogging.  Swistle posted recently about how there are very few bloggers who write about parenting teens but how great of a need there is to read about the experiences of these folks in dealing with their teenage children.  

When I began this blog I was still very much coping with my mood disorder diagnosis.  When I began this blog I only had one child.  When I began this blog I had no interest in or intent to do freelance writing.  

Five years is a blink of an eye and a million years all rolled into one. 

No comments: