Adsense

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ask and ye shall receive

I have spent much of the day completing one of my freelance pieces and starting another, so I am more than happy to do as my friend KB suggested, which is to share the poem I wrote for the book club ornament I made.

A Story of a Book Club
2011

Once there was a book club that met the first week of every month.
The ladies would spend much of the time telling stories of their families and sharing snacks and wine.

Eventually they would get around to discussing their chosen book---
Its themes, its characters, the ways in which it delighted some and irritated others.

By years end, it was hard to recall all the titles the ladies had read and reviewed and reflected upon.

Bridge of Sighs, Two Rivers, Jitterbug Perfume, My Name is Asher Lev, The Tender Bar, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, Left to Tell, The Paris Wife, Lit, The 19th Wife, One Day and Jane Eyre.  

Every month the book club met.
Seasons passed.
Some ladies moved away, as others moved in to take their place.
Some ladies had babies.
Before very long those babies were growing up.

Months of our lives measured by
pages read,
themes explored,
friendships treasured.  

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Really lovely Carrie - I bet everyone will be jealous of the person who gets that ornament!!!

Giselle said...

Awesome. I'm sad to have been one that moved away...

Keri said...

I love it! And I'm sure I'd love it even more if I was actually in the bookclub and received the ornament!

Thanks for obliging me.