Adsense

Saturday, September 19, 2009

You'd think my pregnancy is a terminal illness

Because I act as if I must get all my affairs in order by Oct 7th. I must get every t crossed and every i dotted or.......what? What will happen if I don't?

Really, it doesn't matter, just as it doesn't matter with regard to a terminal illness in any way other than psychologically. How does the saying go, "A person's inbox is never empty." And that is true. There is always, always something that creeps up needing to be done.

But still I keep trying to ensure that everything I can possibly think of, especially related to N and G, is completed.

I got my class over with at the end of August. Got the transcript. Got the baby stuff ready. Got G and N new shoes for fall. Have their Halloween costumes either in the works or already purchased. Still working on getting some things wrapped up for my MOMS Club. Have the mini-van. Got cabinets installed in laundry for extra storage. Have my fall/Halloween outdoor decorations out and flowers planted. Collected money for N's school fundraiser.

STILL waiting on hubby to sand & paint behind the bookshelf in basement. And now he has 2 shelves to hang in laundry room.

Next weekend is G's 2nd birthday and party, so today I bought stuff to make appetizers and his cake. His gift was purchased in May, or was it April? I am nothing if not an organized fool....most of the time.

And I'm hoping to take the kids on a hayride and pumpkin picking the weekend before the baby arrives....because I'm crazy like that.

So I know that I am as ready as I'll really ever be because in the next 18 days more things will crop up, more things I will think, "I just have to get this done before the baby comes." But I don't, not really.

And just as when G was born, I thought it would take me forever to be able to leave the house with a youngster and a baby in tow. But it didn't. I managed to get out better than I ever expected to. As long as I had diapers, wipes, some snacks, my wallet and my boobs with me, I was ok. Everyone could stay clean and well-fed.

This time will be the same, I'm sure. But in my head, you'd think my last day on earth among the living is Oct 6th.

No comments: