Adsense

Saturday, September 5, 2009

I must be itchin'

For a fight. I seem to be getting into more and more FB "rows" with people over health care reform and the President's upcoming speech. I'm not just randomly starting shit with people....unless you count my blogging, which I don't because I try to be reasonable in my writing...but I have just seen people write really mean-spirited comments. Sarcastic remarks about people's status updates and name-calling. I might "think" someone is a jackass, but I'm surely not gonna call them that on FB.

I am of the opinion that this type of behavior utterly undermines whatever argument someone is trying to make. If you are making an argument, stick to the point, the facts. Once you resort to name-calling and "mind-reading" (as in saying, "You know I'm right"), you have started sliding down the slippery slope of stupidity, and no one with any sense is going to take you seriously. The other idiots who resort to these behaviors will think you are right on, but the level-headed people of the word think you are a slimebag, an asshole, a shithead.

Of course, the level-headed people of the world are too level-headed to call you what you are because they aren't uncouth and ignorant.


No comments: