Adsense

Monday, September 7, 2009

A little this, and a little that

Hey, I don't feel like being political. Hurrah. A non-controversial blog post for Labor Day (unless the ASPCA wants to knuckle down over how much I hate my cats....see below).

1. Went to Wal-Mart and purchased lots of cleaning/home-care items so that neither I nor D will have to run out to purchase diswasher detergent or Aveeno soap for a good, long while.

2. Have reached desperation regarding my knickers. Am this close to violating all sorts of public decency laws and just going with a fig leaf. Seriously, there comes a time when even pregnancy clothes don't cut it, and you just need to wear a potato sack for maximum comfort.

3. Visit the doctor manana for 35 week appointment and will hopefully get a D-date on the calendar. Our "plan" (which I say loosely because by this time I truly "get it" that childbirth and babies are always apt to throw a wrench is whatever plan you have) is to get N off to school, go to the hospital, slice & dice and recover for a bit, have D pick N up a little early from school and tell her FIRST what the baby is.....then she can tell the grandparents and great-grandparent, and D can announce on Twitter and FB at that point. So, FB friends, you might know I've had the baby, but you won't know the gender until N knows.

4. If I don't murder my cats before 2010 it will be a small miracle. I am so, so, so, so, so fucking sick of cleaning up mustard yellow cat bile and half-digested kibble. There are wet rags all over my floors on every level of the house. I wish my carpet was a combo of shit-brown and mustard yellow (to hide all the dirt and vomit stains). I am seriously considering getting new flooring (non carpet) on the first floor next year just so it eliminates one area of the house where I have to spray neutralizer/carpet cleaner. D and I could probably afford to refloor the entire house with all the money we've spent on carpet sprays for cat "accidents" over the last 12 years.

5. G is talking up a storm. He knows when N starts singing, "Lolly, lolly, lolly get your...." that he can follow up with "adverbs here." He knows all his body parts, including his penis, but he often calls it poop (I guess he confuses a shit bulge with a sex organ bulge). He is very adept at saying, "Mommy, sih down!," "Mommy pay (play)," and "He com Mommy."

6. And Miss N adores kindergarten and is doing wonderfully well. Every school day she gets up on her own, dresses herself and then comes into my room to harass me out of bed. We're still working on getting breakfast eaten within a 5-hour time frame, but she hasn't missed the bus yet, so I guess I shouldn't complain.

7. Am more than halfway through Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I asked for #7 for my birthday as well as Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, so I'll have plenty to read over the next however many months (since I won't finish a book every 2 weeks for awhile). D has moved all the movies I'd really like to see before the baby comes to the top of the Netflix queue, although I think that there are more movies than I have weeks left in the pregnancy.

So we are wrapping things up. I am increasingly excited to meet this little bugger.

No comments: