Adsense

Friday, September 4, 2009

Seriously people???? Really????

I find myself either saying this alot or thinking it....

First, let me begin by admitting the following:
1. Yes, I voted for Obama.
2. No, I do not think he is the Messiah. He is a fallible human, just like the rest of us.
3. No, I don't want the US to become like Communist China.
4. No, I don't think George W. Bush was the brightest or most articulate president we've ever had.
5. And Yes, I disagreed with most everything he did.

BUT, if George W. Bush had broadcast a speech on the importance of education, setting goals and respecting one's parents, I wouldn't have gone ape-shit. Because those things are important, regardless of your political affiliation. My biggest concern is that he would have messed up the pronunciation of most every word he encountered on the tele-prompter, making him look like an ass and resulting in kids not taking him seriously.

If you disagree with Obama's politics, fine. But I would think most reasonable people could see how he is a good "role model" for children. Of mixed race, raised by a single parent, and achieved amazing things both in terms of his education and his career based on his skills, not because of his family connections (like a certain president who's initials are G.W.B., but we could also lump the Kennedys in here too).

I know all the health care hubbub has people up in arms and suspicious, but I cannot help but be continually amazed at how unreasonable folks can be. I don't think we've reached North Korea style propaganda just yet.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Carrie! I totally agree with you! I have several friends who teach and one of them forwarded me the most insane email I've ever read from the superintendent of the local schools about how they were going to "handle" this controversial situation - are you kidding me?!

I just don't get it.