Adsense

Monday, September 14, 2009

36 weeks, and I'm SO counting down

This is my last pregnancy, and at this particular moment in time, I am not sad about that.

I have begun to deal with indigestion and heartburn, two symptoms I never experienced during my other pregnancies.

This little imp is also the type of baby that rolls and stirs to the point that one sees limbs moving across my mid-section, again something that did not happen in my other pregnancies. I always thought it was so cool when a pregnant mom could really see limbs moving across her abdomen. And it is cool, but in my case, extremely uncomfortable and, at times, downright painful. I don't know if it is this baby's positioning, this baby's insistence to move around as much as possible, or that my uterus is finally roomy enough to stretch.

While I spent much of this pregnancy either 1. distracted by school (mine or N's), or 2. stewing about handling a 3rd kid, in these last couple weeks I have found myself becoming increasingly excited about having another baby. I know G's first year went amazingly quickly, and I expect this 3rd's ones will fly past even more so.

I told D the other day that, all things considered, it is really a good thing that I got pregnant when I did, accidentally as I did, because if I wasn't currently pregnant I would be starting to harass him about trying for a third, which would have resulted in many hurt and hard feelings. Because I really wanted 3 kids, and he really did not want 3 kids. So our surprise baby has saved us from a marital showdown, I guess.

And with this 3rd one, I know I am ready, when the time comes, to move onto the next stage in our lives. I know, had G been our last, I would have always wondered, dreamed, regretted not having a 3rd child. I would have felt that I was missing something. But I don't feel that way. I feel like I will be ready to get rid of baby items, ready to start having family vacations with older children, ready for their next stages of development.

There is something really calming about feeling a sense of contentment in the midst of a life-changing event.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I don't think many people are so content w/ the number of children they have when they are on the verge of adding the last one to the mix. I'm glad you will be able to go forward without any stress of the will we or won't we question - maybe it will make this last baby even more enjoyable.