Adsense

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Things I love and for which I'm thankful

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I thought I'd begin a little ditty about some of the little things I love in my life:

1. I love it that N selects her own clothes and none of them ever match each other. She is like a mini Mrs. Roper from Three's Company. Today she went to school in a blue and green horizontal striped top, a hot pink skirt, navy blue leggings with red and white flowers on them, and lilac tennis shoes. Her clothing choices are zany, and that is one of the things I adore about her. She simply doesn't care....

2. I love it that G loves going to Target. Last night on the way to dinner at Papaw's, we passed our local Target. G said, "Go Ta-yet?" I replied, "No, we're going to Papaw's. Maybe we'll go to Target tomorrow." G said, "Peeeese??" and then followed up with, "See toys?"

3. I love it that M's cheeks are getting chubby because I know I'm making enough milk for him. And babies with chubby cheeks are just really cute.

4. I love it that I am rediscovering some favorite musicians as a result of watching the used kids' movie DVDs I recently purchased from Amazon. Over the Hedge has reminded me how much I like Ben Folds, so this weekend D must upload a couple of his albums onto my iPod.

5. I love the modern version of The Electric Company on PBS. Pete Wentz and Jimmy Fallon have made appearances. So the show helps N learn words and letter sounds and keeps me entertained as well. Nothing better.

6. I love it that my cousin is coming to help clean my house for 4 months. It is a win-win. My house gets cleaned. And she makes some money tax-free. Plus, N and G get to visit with B, and they adore her.

7. I love Ellen DeGeneres' hairstyle.

Ok, that last one doesn't count. I'm getting distracted by afternoon tv.

4 comments:

Keri said...

You have an ipod? Never would've guessed.

Not that that's the point of this post.

Would you consider posting a daily picture of N in her outfits? That would be infinitely entertaining! :-)

Anonymous said...

Does your cousin clean other houses or just your house? We have been trying to find someone for about a year - I want someone who knows someone I know.

Susan

Momisodes said...

I completely forgot about Mrs Roper from Three's Company! I remember her outrageously huge ball necklaces :)

My daughter is really loving the Electric Company on PBS as well. There's some fun music!

Erin said...

A modern version of THE ELECTRIC COMPANY??

I had no idea such pure awesomeness existed. I am getting on my DVR right now.