Adsense

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Odds and ends from the past 24 hours

In no particular order......

1. This morning, I put on a pair of pre-pregnancy jeans, and they fit. A little snug, admittedly, but comfortable. Hey, looks like I won't have to wash my yoga pants over and over and over and over....

2. Last night M apparently had a cluster feed. I dislike cluster feeds tremendously. Am I the only one who got the memo that my boobies, although feeling better due to the football hold, are still tender? What kind of god gives a person nipple eczema, by the way? The left nipple has almost healed up completely. It is the dud boob, rightie, that still looks gnawed on.

3. I ordered a pair of nice slip-on shoes from L.L.Bean yesterday afternoon. They are skimmers and cost $64, which is outrageous, but with 3 kids, I need really comfortable shoes that are really fast to get on and off. Because G could take out M in less than 2 seconds, I'm certain. I can't be messing with shoelaces or a strap.

However, I did give myself quite a frugal tongue-lashing prior to purchasing. D had just bought himself a new Xbox game, so I had to check and see how much he had spent. I quickly realized he had purchased a new game AND Xbox Gold minutes (or some such thing) and had spent over $100. So my $64 for new shoes...to protect my feet and keep them warm....something practical that I will wear for years....didn't seem like such an extravagance. Well, yes, it is still an extravagance, but if hubby can buy his "toys," then by god, I can by a pair of shoes.

4. This morning, while doing my hair, I watched G do "This Little Piggy" with M's toes in the bathroom. Very, very cute. He loves his brother, almost to death, which is the concern. He doesn't know his own strength, but I am glad he is "killing" M with kindness.

5. Today's "plan" is to go to the zoo....all of us. Assuming I can get the troops ready and out the door prior to noon. We shall see.


No comments: