Adsense

Thursday, November 19, 2009

6 weeks

Yesterday I had my 6-week postpartum check. Incision is finally healed and infection free. Nipples....well, I'll let you know if and/or when they heal up. Uterus is back to normal.

And I got the go-head to "resume sexual activity." Does every woman chuckle when her doctor gives her the thumbs-up, or am I the only one who has ZERO interest in sex? Between being sucked on 10 times a day, lugging an infant and toddler around, and not getting much sleep, I do not under any circumstances want to be touched in anything even remotely resembling a sexual way.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about turning down my hubby because D is on the "I do not want a 4th child" plan and has become a monk until his vasectomy. I did get the name of a urologist, so sometime in the spring I figure we can go in for his consult, and he can get the boys snipped around March (when M is 6 months old).

Emotionally and mentally, I am feeling better about adjusting to this new life as a mom of 3. I am venturing to playdates if they are at someone's home. And I can manage taking G and M to the grocery or other quick errands. I'm still not up to taking all 3 of the kids out by myself, and I suspect I won't be until M is weaned or walking.

But at least I feel like I can cope. And even manage to sweep the kitchen periodically too.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

Don't wait until he is walking...don't wait until he is walking. Things got immensely more difficult once M was walking. Oh how I long for the days he would stay in the baby bjorn :) THOSE were my most mobile days...Lily in the stroller, Michael in the Bjorn, Andrew doing his thing. Good times.

But it will get more possible once your M's feedings get a little farther apart.

Momisodes said...

I'm glad to hear things are settling in a bit better these days. I don't blame you for not wanting to head out with all 3 at once. I'm sure I'd feel the same.

As for the 6-weeks thumbs up? I DEFINITELY felt the same way. After having a million stitches down "there" post delivery, it was the furthest thing from my mind!