Adsense

Monday, November 30, 2009

It's a wrap

Ahhh, the end of November. Hopefully the end of my family's sick spell. The end of blogging every single day for NaBloPoMo.

This morning N went back to school, and D went back to work, and Mommy did a little happy dance that my life is back to "normal."

So far today has been good. Especially since it started out with a friend bringing over a chocolate cake since I had complained about not having good chocolate around the house on FB. (The Fonz loves you, T!!!! You rock, but you know that!)

G had his 6-month appointment with the ENT, and then we headed to Target for diapers. Back home for lunch. I was able to wrap some Christmas presents since both boys are napping at the same time.

I don't have very many Christmas gifts to buy, what with being done with the kids and nieces and nephews. So maybe this week I will be able to tackle the remainder when Nana comes over. I need a bunco ornament, 2 secret Santa gifts for D's family, gifts for my parents and my MIL, and, finally, a gift for my family's extended Christmas party.

Wednesday is H1N1 shot day at N's school, so I will be going there for that to hold her hand (or hold her down) when she gets the shot (which I'm going to request given her persistent cough).
I let N decorate the basement with Christmas decor this weekend, and it occurred to me that most of the Christmas stuff I have are things I have been given. Not things I have purchased on my own. Heck, truth be told, most of what is in my house has been given to me. It is hard for me to buy whatnots because I can very easily talk myself out of them.

Anyway, I have been thinking that maybe I should purchase a couple things for my mantel, some Christmas decor I really like. But then the uber-frugal monster in me thinks it is sorta stupid to spend any money on decor that will only be up for 3 weeks or so. I hate having these internal battles.

I am planning for D and I to purchase a new mattress very soon after the new year. We've been sleeping on the same one for 11 years, and it is so humpy when I lay M on it, his head is usually higher than his feet.

This post has been quite random, but now that I'm not stewing over sickness and being cooped up, I've just got so much to plan and think about......

Which feels really nice.






1 comment:

Keri said...

So glad that N and D are back to their routines...and therefore, so are you! And the boys napping at the same time? Yippee!!! I remember that frustrating feeling, with a newborn and a toddler -- will they EVER nap at the same time?? I know that for a long time, Jonah and Audrey did nap relays, and it absolutely drove me nuts.

Okay, here's a challenge for you regarding your mantel. I've never done anything special with my mantel for Christmas, even though every time I see a beautifully-decorated mantel in a December issue of a magazine, I swoon. So this year, I decided I'm going to do something "fancy" on my mantel. Do you want to join me in this endeavor? We can post pictures of our respective mantels and brag about them on our blogs.... :-)