Adsense

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another day

Of being in the house. N is still feeling punky, and I feel pulled in 3 different directions.

She wants to snuggle and cuddle. G wants me to play. M wants to be held and nurse. Unfortunately, I cannot do these things at the same time, and most of the time a certain 7-week-old monopolizes my time. I wish I could make him understand that I can't hold him for 14 hours a day, but he just don't get it. G has been acting out a bit, I think due to being cooped up and having to watch M monopolize all of mommy's time.

Last night I made a wine shop and grocery run with M to get out of the house. Partly to avoid the pre-Thanksgiving rush and partly to rebalance my psyche.

Tonight M will accompany me to meet a friend for coffee. This is one is totally for my sanity.

I feel like such a wuss but being stuck in the house is no fun in general. Being stuck in the house due to illness is simply miserable.

Is it almost spring?

2 comments:

Keri said...

I remember a time when you just had N -- I think she was probably around 2yrs old -- that she had been sick for several days during the week, and you were (naturally) the one cooped up with her, going crazy. (My sister told me about this when it happened.) On Saturday, when D was home, you took the opportunity to run and get an allergy shot and were so excited to get back to the house.

I sympathized with you through my sister and then asked her, "Well, did she at least stop and get a coffee, or browse for a while at a bookstore on her way home?" She answered, "No, she said she went straight back home after the shot." I was stunned and began calling into question whether I was a fit mother, because had I been in your shoes, I'd have dawdled as long as possible before going home.

I'm thinking your actions would be different today...

Hope your coffee and social time help to restore your sanity. I know those two things always do me a WORLD of good.

Keri said...

oops. In the end of paragraph one, I meant to say "so excited to get OUT of the house." Duh. I should always preview my comments, shouldn't I?