Adsense

Monday, November 16, 2009

The big little man

I noticed while scrolling through my blog posts that I haven't written too much about G. It has only been a little over a month, and the middle child is already getting short shrift.

So here is what he has been up to----



Pics of G from Halloween night.
ABOVE: His 1st choice of costume--Mr. Monkey.
BELOW: Enjoying his spoils!


Being 2. A loud, mischievous, often frustrating 2-year-old. He weathered a cold and ear infection for 10 loooooong days, most of which was spent listening to him scream "Nose tuffy!"
This morning I put him in a pair of chino-type pants, which are gonna require a belt to fit properly. Do they even make belts for 2-year-olds? Anyway, when I changed his diaper after his morning poop, I decided to put on better fitting pants. When I returned from upstairs with the new pair, I found G's diaper on the floor and got to witness him running around the kitchen yanking on his penis and giggling.

He is so super sweet to M. He is always leaning his head on his brother, giving him "lovings." I really hope they become good little buddies to each other as they get bigger.

His new favorite DVD is Baby Einstein Neighborhood Animals. I thought I was sick of the movie Cars, but now I'm begging to watch Lightning McQueen. No more flipping baby animals, please. I borrowed a bunch of Baby Einstein DVDs from my brother to help liven things up....for me.

When we first started watching Neighborhood Animals, G kept saying, "Watch Baby Assho," which we assume was his initial attempts at saying Baby Einstein or Baby Animals. Or his disguised hateful musings on his little brother? Anyway, it was funny as heck. I was bummed when he started saying "Baby Animals" correctly.

He is going through a refusing to eat anything of any nutritional value stage, which I am totally loving. NOT! He is on the all-carb diet. I know other children do this and manage to survive to puberty so I am trying not to worry too much. I did purchase some Horizon Little Blends yogurt which blends fruit & VEGGIE puree into the yogurt. Both G and N lapped up 2 containers each yesterday. It is expensive but totally worth it if it means they get some sliver of fruit/vegetable and vitamins.

One thing is certain: G is his own little man. I got too used to having N as an obedient, easy-to-please toddler. Raising G often makes me want to bang my head against the wall. Or his.

No comments: