Adsense

Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm thankful for

1. My kids, who drive me bonkers a lot of the time. But since I'm being driven bonkers, I am not stewing over a sorts of stuff that are out of my control....like my kids.

2. My husband, who also drives me bonkers, but does so from the comfort of our home. I'd rather it be this way than him be out, watching sports with the dudes, drinking endless beers, at all hours of the night. Or visiting strippers.

3. Our home.

4. That D has a job that allows me to stay at home with the kids who drive me bonkers. I am glad we made the decision 11 years ago to live off one salary. I cannot imagine being driven crazy all day by kids who aren't mine and then come home for a few hours to be driven crazy by the kids who are mine.

5. My education. I make the choice to stay home, but I am glad I have a teaching certificate and Master's degree to fall back on if and when I ever need to...or choose to.

6. My parents who encouraged me to get an education, paid for my education, and help me with my kids when I have doctor's appointments, etc. I am so thankful they live in the same city as me.

7. My friends....from Bell & Howell, from JCPS, from bunco, from MOMS Club, from book club, from playgroup, from college. They give me something to laugh at (with their funny comments, not in a you-suck kinda way), someone to laugh with.

8. Health. Despite paying a buttload for antidepressants and soon-to-be-had ear tubes, I am glad we have health insurance and some money saved to help us pay for health care expenses.

9. Myself. I think I am pretty smart and mostly a good person. I am glad I have gotten to a place in my life where I am ok with who I am and who I used to be.

10. That Obama is President-elect. (Simply because of that stupid Anti-Christ/towel-head email from way back when. I am glad to be able to say in my head..."Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah!" )

11. That I am still childish and in need of work as a decent person (see #10).

1 comment:

Keri said...

Even as someone who voted Republican, and probably always will, I got a big kick out of #10. I kind of want to "nyah nyah" those people myself. :-)