Adsense

Friday, November 21, 2008

N's games and banter

I don't feel like writing a tome like I did last night, so I thought I'd post some things N has said or done recently.

  • She is all about counting these days. I didn't think she would ever stop forgetting 15 on her way to 20. Then suddenly she is counting to a 100. She has even started counting by thousands up to 10,000. Most of the time she does really well, but sometimes she says the numbers funny, like she'll say 22 as tooty-two, and 33 as threety-three, and 55 as fivety-five. One of the things I miss about her being younger was the cute and unusual ways she would pronounce words, so these are a nice treat for me.

  • The other night she and D were wrestling after supper. At one point I heard her instructing him on how to put the 2 purple pillows around her and squeeze. She said, "Pretend I'm in a sandwich maker, and I'm trying to get out." I thought that was a pretty good idea for a superhero torture device.

  • Evidently, she is retaining some of the things I've told her about Harry Potter. Yesterday when she and I were playing in the basement, she got D's old Snoopy bank. She put it in the office, grabbed her slide whistle, and said, "The 3-headed dog is in there. I'm going to play music to put it to sleep." Per her instructions, my job was to wear a blanket over my head to be a ghost, hold the mini-cymbals in my hands, and bang them when N (the princess) got beat up by the witch.

Sometimes I worry that N doesn't have much of an imagination. Perhaps because I let her watch so much tv, I think that she doesn't have an original idea in her head. But then I read these things that I blog, and I don't stress over it so much anymore.

No comments: