Adsense

Friday, November 7, 2008

Jittery

Tonight I have the jitters. I think it is a little bit of everything and a little bit of nothing. I simply can't seem to settle myself down.

I had been pretty well ok until about 4:00. Well, probably not true due to the following:
  • G has a cold (so I am fretting over ear infection and journeying ever further along the road to ear tubes).
  • G is still nursing a couple times a day but doing so for shorter and shorter periods of time (so I know my hormones are in flux and liable to make me batty at a moment's notice).
  • I was due to meet someone to sell some items I posted on craigslist at 4:30 so I had that on my mind.
  • I wanted to stop at the bank beforehand to buy the kids some savings bonds before meeting this person at 4:30.
G woke up fussy from his nap...which either means he didn't get a long enough nap, he simply feels crappy due to a stuffy/runny nose, or his ears are bothering him. A fussy baby alone is enough to make one's nerves fray.

I got to the bank and started to fill out the paperwork for the bonds, but G wasn't happy being held. He was determined to wreak havoc on that BB&T office. He crawled into people's offices, pushed the lobby chairs out into the middle of the lobby, and banged on the glass doors. N was better behaved but she kept pestering me with, "Mommy, I want a mint."

The teller said she didn't have mints (I think N had gotten a mint from another teller at this branch way back when), so I requested either a sucker or sticker for N and some vodka for me. No vodka on hand---CRAP!

Ok, so the bank got me frazzled a bit. Then across the way to meet the person who was going to buy some costumes from me. I waited almost a half-hour, but she didn't show. I had given her my cell phone number so I was worried she might have left too soon (since I was a couple minutes late to the bank errand).

Frazzling continued.

Then tonight while I was fixing some corn to add to our leftovers, I started helping N write her letter to Santa. OMG! She started asking for shit she had NEVER given any hint as to wanting or putting stuff high on her list that she had maybe seen once and listing stuff low on her list that she has been talking about for weeks.

1. Mermaid Barbie (my mom bought her one of these today)
2. Barbie & the Diamond Castle doll and movie and unicorn (I think it is a pegasus, but she called it a unicorn) (My MIL has one of these dolls for her)
3. soccer ball (WTF? N hates to expend energy almost as much as her daddy)
4. guitar
5. American doll
6. camera
7. Care Bears movie (Pulled straight outta her ass)
8. Home on the Range movie (Another one from her butt)
9. a diary (Um, N, you can't write)
10. a baby doll
11. Kim Possible soft doll (I don't think these exist)
12. more Playdoh
13. more markers
14. Princess Jasmine toothbrush

So this sets me onto worrying whether she'll be happy with the toys that she gets for Christmas. Aggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost bought some beer when I stopped at the grocery tonight but I didn't get a cart and couldn't hold anything else in my hands besides the full handle-basket and 2 gallons of milk.

If only that teller had had some vodka.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your commentary on her list CRACKED ME UP :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like my day, somehow. Stopped at Mejier with the kids and bought beer- never done that before, just might have to do it again! And don't get me started on the price of meds...