Adsense

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A piece of quiet

I am finally having some seconds to myself, so I better take advantage and blog. This evening is my nephew's 2nd birthday party, so I doubt I'll feel like rehashing the day after watching my 2 kids and my 2 nephews and my nephew's 2 cousins destroy my brother's home.

This morning, I LOST it! Ended up screaming, which I rarely ever do. I had just had it up to here with the 7 or 8 cat vomit piles on my basement carpet, G crying and being totally uncooperative about me cleaning up said piles, and D honking and snorting with a sinus infection (day 7, but feels like day 2,007). Suffice it to say, all the genetic males in the house were cruisin for bruisins. The screaming affected everyone but was directed at the cats, who get fed and then proceed to yak it all over the house, only to come back immediately after Barffest 2008 meowing for more food.

My goal for the day was to take the kids to a local elementary school's craft fair where pictures could be taken with Santa for $10.00. At first I had suggested that D come with us, but I instead told him to get his butt to the immediate care center for some frickin' antibiotics. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I've given natural vaginal and cesarean birth to 2 children, breastfed for a total of 26 months, and had 25 years worth of periods, cramps and cysts. Sinus infection=no sympathy.

So off to the fair we went. I had to be in the picture with the kids because G wasn't having any part of sitting solo on Santa's knee. N got to do some kid crafts, and I bought her a brownie so she was happy. It wasn't too long before G had had enough and was ready for nap. But we got the pictures taken. Mission complete.

Now G is down for his nap, D has taken his first dose of his antibiotic and has gone to his hole in the basement, and N is zoning in front of the tv. Silence is golden.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Wait a second. All of this happened by 10:17 AM? I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or be impressed by what you accomplished. How about both!? Really, you get kudos from me for 1) cleaning up cat vomit -- repeatedly, and 2) taking kids by yourself to sit on Santa's lap. And by the way, no condemnation for the yelling. Nope. None at all! Circumstances earned you the right...