Adsense

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dollhouse diva

I am starting to think god is telling me to be a dollhouse creator/redecorator.
In 2 years, I have been given....yes, given at no cost to me...2 big and beautiful dollhouses.

Both were in pretty desperate need of repair.

The first was given to me by a neighbor and required new paint, new shingles, new flooring and new wallpaper in nearly all the rooms. These pictures are the after shots. My mother even made little curtains for all the windows.



The most recent one belonged to my paternal aunt. It fell off a table and one whole side of it from the 2nd floor up had fallen off. I didn't take a picture of it before Dr. Dollhouse and some superglue got busy, but this is the state of it as of this moment:


And this one came fully furnished! N has been in hog-heaven with all new furnishings and dolls to play with.

It still needs part of the roof glued back on, some plastic windows replaced, and more flooring. I added the vinyl and paisley upholstery fabric on the bottom right on Sunday. I am debating whether to go to the trouble to paint the walls. The side walls that make the rooms are really awful, although I like the woodgrain look of the back walls.

I just know how much work I put into the first one, and while it still looks nice, N has been a little rough, and G (when he gets into her room) has been REALLY rough, pulling off all the deck railings and some of the front porch railings.

When I worked on the first one, N was still taking naps and G wasn't even in production. I had loads more time. What little time I have now should probably be spent on making my real home look decent.

And yet, as I type this, I am wondering if we have any primer in the storage room because it really wouldn't take that long to paint the side walls....

No comments: