Adsense

Monday, November 15, 2010

When shopping unexpectedly does not suck

A good portion of today was spent in the car.

First up was M's post-op ear check.  Tubes look good.

Home for a couple hours and then my psychiatrist visit in the early afternoon.  Refills--check.

Then to the bank to cash the first check I have ever earned from my writing (from a recent article in a local mag).  Fifty bucks ain't much, but it feels good to know I earned it with my mad writing skillz.

Next up was ToysRUs to purchase one more little toy for M.  I have 2 toys each for N and G (one from Santa and one from Mommy/Daddy), but M only had 1 toy.  As far as I'm concerned M only needs 1 toy (oh hell, he needs nothing, and neither do the other two, but whatever).  Still I keep worrying that N will say, "But Santa brought me and G a toy and you and Daddy got us each a toy but M only got one toy.  How come?

I had a gift card to blow (from the bed rails fiasco after I threatened to go postal on BabiesRUs and they gave me back 50% of the cost of the rails for my trouble), which felt like free money even though technically it wasn't.

Anyway, I bumbled around the store looking for something small, around $15 for M.  I found a Shake & Go Thomas the Train and carried that around for awhile.  Then I found an Elmo Driving Wheel noisemaker toy that I carried around for a bit.  But then I started checking out the wooden bead mazes.  There is a big cube one at the clinic that M always plays with....and I was reluctant to get yet another car or noisemaker for the house (because dangit the 3-year-old walking noisemaker we have is plenty.)

I happened to see one that had the Wonder Pets on it.  It was taller than the others and looked like more fun, so I took it to the scanner to check the price, thinking it would fall in the under $20 range.




Imagine my shock when it scanned for........







$3.00

Hot damn!  I'll take it.

And with all my extra money on the gift card I bought a Cat in the Hat card game (since after M goes to bed we play board or card games) and The Polar Express dvd.

The only thing better than finding something extraordinarily cheap at a store is finding paper money in the middle of a parking lot.

2 comments:

Swistle said...

Holy crap, $3?? AWESOME.

Keri said...

Congrats on that bargain - that had to have you skipping through the parking lot, didn't it?

I always worry about what Bailey will think about what "Santa" brought for everyone, even though I originally didn't plan on having her believe in Santa. Turns out that in today's culture, it's pretty hard to do. So now I even make sure that gifts from Santa are wrapped in different paper than the gifts from us, so that she doesn't wonder how he happened to have the same taste in wrapping paper as me. Oh well.