Adsense

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The good, the bad and the ugly

The ugly would be my response to the bad.  Just so ya know.

The good
N--
*Now reads aloud to me most every evening for her reading response journal.  According to her report card, she improved from a 28 to a 34 in this 6-week period, which puts her at, I believe, a 3rd grade reading level.  I don't usually brag on my kids (part of that critical parent gene), but I am really very proud.

*Likes making these Push papers.  She writes "Push" and you push the paper, then she opens it and you have to pick "Boy or Girl."  After this selection, you have to select "Love, Hug, Kiss or Marry." The final part is to pick a number, which N has coded with someone, like her brothers or a school friend.  She and I recently made some new categories like "Bootie Bump" and "Tickle" and "Tackle."  Because I don't necessarily want to kiss her friends.  Just her.

*Makes a really wonderful big sister...sometimes to G (since he tends to bug her), and always with M (because he hasn't yet figured out how to push her buttons).




The bad
For the most part, we are having a nice run whereby she doesn't get on my nerves.  If only she could sit still for longer than 20 seconds at dinner.


The good
G--
*Says "Where we are?" whenever we're driving.  He wants to know the name of the road.  Today he asked, "Where we are?" and when I told him he replied, "How can that be?"

*Said while driving past the small local airport, "There's an airplane port."

*Continues to use completely illogical cause/effect:  "You're Carrie because you're mommy."  Uh, ok.

*Hugs everyone at the end of Music Together class.  The teacher.  The moms.  The kids.  Even when we go to a make-up class and he knows no one except me and Ms. M.  So sweet.



The bad
He has been waking up more frequently at night, having more fears.  Nothing too terrible, but just one more little person disrupting sleep in this house.  But the worst thing is his shrieking/screaming when he is having a tantrum in the car---there is simply nowhere for the unholy sound to go.  It is all I can do to fight the wicked desire to pull over, park his ass on the curb and be on my merry way.

The good
M--
*Doing the Frankenstein walk all over the house with greater frequency which never, ever ceases to be cute.





*Says, "Kack, kack" whenever he sees a duck.

*Gives the best open-mouth kisses on my cheek, including the smacking sound at the end.

The bad
13 months. 10 days.  Crappy sleeper.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Sweet moments you captured here! (Except for the Bad parts, but even those you'll be glad you recorded in a few years.)