Adsense

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Reason #46,970 my husband gets aggravated with me....

I am getting ever closer to having the office closet uber-organized and the office put back together (or as put back together as it will be until I consign stuff in the Spring/Summer gigantic children's consignment sales in my area).

Today I continued sorting and tossing.  Up on the top shelf of the closet were two components to D's old stereo system that we used when we married.....13 years ago.  We had long since sold the speakers on craigslist.com and recycled the cd player (because it no longer worked).  One of these components was a.....I don't even know what it was.  And the other was a tape deck.

So I asked D what they were and what purpose they served.  He said I could recycle the no-identity component but maybe we should keep the tape deck one, to which I replied, "To listen to the tapes that we no longer own?"  To which he replied something muttered and on the order of, "I'm not gonna argue with you.  Here," and handed me the tape deck.

Now my comment about not owning tapes anymore was not screamed, hissed or said while beating him in the head with a stick.  It was merely a comment that it doesn't make any sense to keep a tape deck if we have no tapes to listen to.  But to D this is argumentative.

Anyway, I did save his bag of Dungeons & Dragons books and "notes" or whatever they were that I found in a briefcase because I suspect this has some sentimental value to him.  And I saved my journals, although I tossed most of my childhood scrapbooks because they contained pictures of people whom I no longer keep in contact with as well as about 345 pictures of Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran.

I am not heartless.  I haven't tossed his U2 books or shirts (although I would like to have my mom make him a blanket out of them rather than just have them take up space in his closet).  I don't throw away his childhood pictures.  I kept his baby shoes.

But then I remember that my husband loves his Xbox and iPhone almost as much as he loves me....and possibly even more because his they don't throw out all that is made of fibreglass, phenolic resin, copper, tin and carbon or the cardboard in which these items come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brian's mom had a blanket made for him out of all his old t-shirts. We all love it. It is the most comfy blanket in the house.
Susan

Keri said...

Yeah, I like the idea of the blanket from his shirts. That would be neat.