Adsense

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Ta-Da: The "After" Mantel

I know you've been waiting with bated breath for the unveiling of my new and improved mantel.  So here goes:



As I mentioned, I wanted to keep the wreath, so I selected the Christmas cones in gold.  And I purchased snowmen stocking holders.  Mine and D's stockings are each held up by a pair of snow-people (a male and female).  Each of the kids has their own individual snowman.

It is nothing fancy, but I didn't want it to be really busy.

Oh, and here is the tree in our dining room.  We had our big evergreen outside our window cut down this past spring, so I am able to have a decorated Christmas tree in the window that people can actually see.  We put all the kids' special ornaments on this tree.  Surprisingly, G has not yet toppled it on his head.  But there is always tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is nice to read your blog. I swear we are one in the same! You have no idea who I am by the way but sometimes I wonder if I am writing this! It also gives me a little bit of sanity....so thanks :)

Keri said...

VERY nice! Classy and elegant and simple. I'm sure you'll enjoy looking at this scene, with items you picked out yourself, than you would have with the mish-mash of "okay" decorations you would have put up there.

You're welcome. Any time you need someone to persuade you to spend money, I'll be right here! :-)

Kelsey said...

Oh it looks so nice!

I am just returning to blog commenting after being buried in my own blog for November and then without internet for much of the first two weeks of December. I have been reading though!

Our decorations are pretty mishmash and not classy at all - is it strange that I like my decorations but am envious of how beautiful your mantel looks?