Adsense

Monday, December 14, 2009

Hello. Goodbye. Hello. Goodbye

This weekend was crazy-busy for us.  True, it doesn't take much activity to qualify as crazy-busy for this family that never goes anywhere on the weekend, except for Mamaw's on Sunday nights for supper, but this weekend did even ME in, and that's saying alot because I like to get out and about.

Saturday morning was Breakfast with Santa at the clubhouse in my parents' neighborhood.  We arrived promptly at 9:00 and were able to get into the grub before everything got cold and picked over.  N eagerly sat on Santa's lap, informing him that she wanted her two front teeth for the 25th.  Santa wisely replied that he would have to check with his dentist elf.  Hermie, I guess?




I guess N is showing Santa him her dental needs...


G even sat on Santa's lap.  He just responded with "Uh-huh" to whatever Santa said.
Santa:   "Do you want cars?"
G: "Uh-huh."
S:  "Do you want trains?"
G: "Uh-huh."






I had a highlight and haircut at 1:00, so shortly after arriving home from breakfast I had to turn around and leave again.  I am soooooo loving my new color.  I was finally able to explain exactly how I wanted my highlight (chunky).  It is my Cruella DeVille color.

Upon returning home from the salon, I had to turn around again to head to Kroger to pick up balloons, flowers and dessert for dinner at Papaw's house.  All the great-grandkids visited Papaw on Saturday night to celebrate his 85th birthday.  Papaw lives in a tiny little house with a wood-burning stove.  With 6 adults, 2 teenagers, and 4 kids under 6, it was a sauna.

Sunday proved only slightly less hectic.  I fixed my corn pudding for the family Christmas party, went to Kroger again to pick up items for dinner fixings for the week, and then we drove out to my mom and dad's house.  All of this by 12:30.

Every December my cousins on my mom's side of the family get together to eat, catch-up on each other's lives and play "Dirty Santa."  G skipped his first daytime nap ever.  He did really well.  No tantrums or crying fits, but he fell soundly asleep in the car last night on the way home.  And today he fell asleep at noon.

By the time last night rolled around I was wiped completely out.  Next weekend is totally free of any activities or engagements.  D can go buy me some tires.  I can stay home with whomever happens to be sick.  Because this weekend was the first weekend in 9 weeks that everyone had been well.  That ain't gonna last.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Just reading this made me exhausted! You deserve a calm, healthy week this week!