Adsense

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cherishing moments

I am trying to notice little things about M's babyhood because he is my last baby, and there are so many things I forgot to write down with N and G were infants.

Like the sighs M makes as he's nursing in the moments when he's not actively suckling.  That "huh-huh-huh" breathing sound.

Like how wonderfully sweet it is when M looks up at me while nursing and breaks into a grin, detaches himself briefly and then immediately re-latches to suckle once more.

Like how intensely M studies his hands now that he has discovered them.  I can see in his eyes he is trying to figure what in the dickens is making those darn things keep moving.

Like how a tiny little poop or fart is preceded by the loudest grunts and snorts.  I think I'm going to be changing one heck of a diaper but there is only a little skid mark.

Like how strange the smell is of a breastfed baby's poop.  D says it smells like buttered popcorn....kind of salty and sweet.  It doesn't smell good exactly but it isn't horrible either.  Distinctive, I guess.

Like how hard one has to work to ensure that every roll is dry after M's bath.  His legs are just a series of neverending creases from fat.

Like how nice it is that M has started to notice things beyond himself, making him less fussy and more easily distracted.

I was thinking tonight how blessed I have been to have 3 easy-going babies.  No colic, no undue fussiness.  There is so much for me to cherish.

1 comment:

Keri said...

You're so wise to record these things! I did something similar when Bailey was about M's age, with the intention of adding to it every couple of months as she changed and grew. That didn't happen, but at least I have a page of random but specific memories of her as a tiny baby.