Adsense

Saturday, January 16, 2010

They're all my favorites

Sometimes I can't help but have my favorite child.  Of course I love them all with a fierce motherly adoration.  Still there are times, moments, days, even weeks, when one steals a special place in my heart. But today they are all my favorites.

My favorite almost 6-year-old girl





You're my favorite because.....

  • you got into a "fight" with the playground equipment and lost.
  • you are such a kind child to others (and got a Kind Acts Award as proof of that generosity of spirit).
  • you have such a funny giggle.
  • you are sometimes so sweet and thoughtful to G, like holding his hand going down the steps or hugging him when something on tv scares him.
  • you read me books and things you've written in school, and I am so proud that you are learning and becoming a reader.
  • you have been trying really hard to give up your paci.  

My favorite 2-year--old boy




You're my favorite because...

  • you've been sickly and whiney and have lost weight, and I can't help but feel sorry for you.
  • you are the middle child and feeling rivalry with your little brother (which explains your constant petition, "I wanna nurse.")
  • you are a little imp and tease.
  • you reply "Right dare" and point to it when I ask "How's your nose?"
  • you say, "My ear botherin you."
  • your love of and fascination with cars knows no bounds.

My favorite 3-month-old boy



You're my favorite because...
  • you have those wonderful rolls of fat.
  • you smile at me with such trust and joy.
  • you coo and squeal whenever I talk to you.
  • you were a surprise.
  • you are usually a very easy-going baby, happy to watch your brother and sister.
  • you kick your legs and are endlessly fascinated with your fingers.
There is no question.  I have been immensely blessed.  And I am immensely exhausted.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I'm kind of at a similar stage, in which all of my children are (for the most part) delighting me with their various funny and endearing traits. Isn't it wonderful to be able to list several great things about each kid? It does the heart good.