Adsense

Friday, January 8, 2010

Doctor visit....and a sigh

G has lost almost 2 lbs since the end of September.  He weighed in at 27.5 lbs today.  I explained the whole ordeal of the last 2+ weeks, with the Christmas RSV and H1N1 shot, to the doctor.  And I flat out told her I have anxiety and was freaking out that G has cancer or something worse than just a virus.  

The initial strep test came back negative, although the doctor said it could still show up in the 24- and 48-hour rechecks of the swab.  And his CBC came back mostly normal....nothing that would suggest cancer, only a virus or small infection.  So I was reassured by that although I won't stop fretting until G is acting well and has gained back some weight.  

It is very likely that he has a sinus infection since he is soooo congested and his throat is red.  

And she said to give him Pediasure or anything that he will eat that will put extra calories on him.  So we are now on the "Plump G Up Program."  

My mom came over today so I could take G to the doctor, and then she stayed most of the day.  It is sad when a 36-year-old has to have her 72-year-old mother "babysit" her, but given all the illness and my rampant anxiety of late, I just need my momma around to provide me company and help me manage the sick one (G), the baby (M), and the high maintenance female (N).  

I guess I can't fault G too much for wanting to cling to me because I want to cling to my momma when the chips are down.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie...I was wondering...did you have any anxiety over getting your kids the H1N1 vaccine? I spazzed myself out totally and had myself in a mess after reading everything I could find on it. I finally convinced my husband to do his own research and he convinced me that there basically was no reason not to get our toddler vaccinated. It seems that ever since he was back in late Oct. I have been looking for any sign of a "reaction" from that vaccine. I still spaz out over it. I was just wondering how you dealt with the vaccine with your anxiety :)

Maybe it will help me not feel like a total crazy person :)

CARRIE said...

Strangely enough, I didn't freak out over it. I figured it was just like a regular flu shot, which I always get and always get for my kids.

My biggest anxiety was in having to wait for it....with having a newborn. I was ticked because it wasn't available when I was pregnant. And then we kept having to wait and wait and wait. I was petrified we would get it and give it to the baby.

Of course, we've given the baby everything else except H1N1.

You aren't crazy at all. Just a victim to the irrational thinking of anxiety. I so understand!!!

Momisodes said...

It always helps to have a helping hand. Especially with everything on your plate at the moment. I'm just glad you have your mom there with you. Sometimes moms can make all the difference.

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful to have found your blog. It's nice to know that maybe just maybe I am not crazy :)

April