Adsense

Monday, January 11, 2010

Contemplating

I won't go into the gory details, but by last night I was worried that D was going to leave me and the kids, which resulted in me designing my plan for sole custody and the world's biggest alimony and child support lawsuit known to man.

This weekend sucked major ass, to say the least.

I always think that everyone else's marriages don't have tremors like ours does, but I have to believe they do.  No one wants to come clean about it, though.

Like those magazine surveys about sex.  I'm sorry, but those people L.I.E.

Which is why it made me feel so much better today when a mommy friend mentioned that she sometimes has a fantasy during her and her husband's marital meltdowns of where she will live as a single mom with her kids when she divorces her husband.

And it made me think back to mine and D's first major argument as a married couple, which took place toward the end of our honeymoon when both of us said maybe we shouldn't have even gotten married.  Or shouldn't stay married.

I don't think that very often, which is a good thing, but it scares the daylights out of me on those rare occasions when I do contemplate the alternative.

1 comment:

J.R. (or Ernst Wolfgang) said...

I hate to hear about the drama and the weekend from Hell. No one likes to hear about people getting ugly with each other, especially when it impacts the kids.

Having been in a marriage that was doomed from the beginning despite my honest efforts to make it work, my initial misgivings were justified, because people don't change. They can change their zip code, title, car they drive, even learn to tame their addiction from time to time. But the person underneath, the one we all recognize when we smell a scent that transports us back to kindergarten, never really changes.

What bothers me the most from your post is the implication that D appears willing to use the children as a threat against you. Whatever happens, I hope you two can agree to never forget that the welfare of the children should never become a bargaining chip or a way to injure the other person.

Best of luck to you. I hope next weekend is everything last weekend wasn't. What's the opposite of "suck-ass," anyway? ;-)