Adsense

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Can't forget sis


N can write her first name. Hooray! She did it all by herself on Monday and just beamed.

In working with her on the letters of her name, N introduced me to a new letter, or perhaps it is an ancient symbol that she recalls from a previous incarnation. She calls it a torteeum. It looks like an rounded A with a line at the bottom. Whenever she would work on her A, she would draw this, sigh heavily, and say, "I made a torteeum again."

Today she saw an overripe banana on the kitchen counter and asked, "Is this banana sick?" I guess since she is running a fever she thinks that banana looks the way she feels.

She visited the dentist on Monday (no cavities) and was given 3 little plastic horses from the goody bag. Tonight while playing, she asked me what I was gonna name the pink one that was "mine." I said Pegasus. She named the other 2 Jajuwa and Taduwa. Isn't there a joke about those names??? Oh no, that is lemonjello and orangejello.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad my child isn't the only one who makes up words and explains them to me in all seriousness. So funny! Since E takes spanish at school, she also makes up LOTS of Spanish words. Sometimes I actually believe her, since I never took Spanish, she does know a lot of real spanish words and they often sound pretty believable (or at least they do to someone who knows no spanish).