Adsense

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

De-junkifying

I am in the process of de-junkifying my house in preparation for June's neighborhood yard sale. Yes, that is correct. June.
I am anal and clearly 2 kids aren't keeping me quite busy enough.

I go through this periodically where I just get so sick of the stuff in closets that I haven't worn in ages or haven't used in ages or don't like at all.

Last weekend my oldest friend came over to shop in my closet. She is always my first line of defense when I get "mission organization" fever.

A friend came over the other day to show me how to sell stuff on Ebay. I am putting N's flower girl dress up for auction. It just seems stupid to hang onto it when she will never wear it again. I am going to list a bridesmaid dress as well (from my brother's wedding). And a coat.

I've signed onto my local cheapcycle site as well. I was telling D about it and mentioned that maybe he can get rid of his giganto speakers that take up a helluva lot of space in our basement closet. When I told him HE can keep the money from the sale, he got a little interested. Hmmmmm, money for more Xbox games.

Strangely enough, though, today I purchased a ton of toys today on clearance. Not for N or G but for my new Gift Box. N is being invited to lots more birthday parties, and I just can't afford to spend $20 on every kid. Heck I only allot about $25 for my niece and nephews. So I got a bunch of toys today, each one less than $5.50---Polly Pockets, Play-Doh sets, Marvel Comic toys, etc. And I ordered a bunch of $.95 and $1.95 books from her preschool Scholastic Book Clubs to go into the Gift Box as well. The box is now full so I don't have to run out and buy stuff whenever an invitation arrives. All N and I will have to do is wrap 'em up and decorate a homemade card. Yippeee!

So hopefully between cheapcycle and Ebay, I can get rid of some stuff. And then move onto the yard sale. And after that, freecycle and Goodwill. I love the Peppermint Patty sensation of getting rid of stuff.

No comments: