Adsense

Monday, January 7, 2008

Putting the kibosh on

I admit it. My guilt over bringing a 2nd child into the house made me become a bit of a softy with N...at least temporarily. That and it is just really hard to discipline when you are a.) exhausted, b.) nursing a baby constantly, and c.) really fucking exhausted.

I didn't want to be too hard on N with the adjustment of having a new brother in the house. I got slack about being consistent and saying something only once before acting on it. But now we are 3+ months in. I am sleeping slightly better and not having to nurse 20,000 times a day. So I am ready to instill some normalcy around here.

You see, N darn near lost her ever lovin' mind and turned into a absolute brat. In retrospect I know it has been coming on for awhile, but all of a sudden D and I noticed that she had become a belligerent little shit who we felt like dumping on the side of the road.

In the past 2 weeks we have had to carry her out of people's houses at least 3 times after she yelled at us, hit us, and/or refused to get her shoes on and leave. So last night, D and I staged a coup and decided to overthrow the little midget tyrant. She had what may have been the world's longest time out in her bedroom and lost all tv privileges today. We have returned to the "say it once and that's it" routine. And today was better. Not a single tantrum, even when she was tired which is when most of her tantrums happen.

I still feel a wee bit guilty about turning her world upside down with a sibling but not enough to let her turn into a child I cannot stand.

No comments: