Adsense

Friday, January 25, 2008

Highlights of the week

Let's see--where do I begin. I better go backwards since I honestly can't remember what happened 4 days ago.

Today--Friday 25th -- had a playdate with S and G at local art gallery. N had fun, and I have a backache from hauling tubby around in the Snugli (I know he weighs at least 45 lbs). G did actually sleep for about 45 minutes as an afternoon nap and went to bed at 6:50 pm.

Thursday 24th -- N had a playdate at a friend's which resulted in N crying inconsolably and for once, being eager for me to take her home, and now not wanting to play with this little girl. This is a mom's worst PR nightmare. I mean how do you nicely say, "My kid doesn't want to hang with your kid anymore?" I've got to do it, though, because these 2 girls are just not clicking.

Wednesday 23rd -- Storytime at the library and paid car taxes (yippeee). Filled out invitations for N's 4th birthday party. Slept like shit as a result of worrying about hosting a 4-year-old's birthday party. Good grief.

Tuesday 22nd -- N had playdate after preschool with her classmate. No trauma...thank god.

Monday 21st -- Vaguely remember this day. D was off work.

I would say I wish I had something of interest to report, but usually when I've wished for something exciting it always turns into some "bad" exciting, like a spider bite that turns into an amputated limb (ok, that has never actually happened but I have to use my powers of hyperbole whenever given the opportunity which ain't much with an ultra-literal preschooler).

I didn't check my email this week for 2 days, which is a record. If I didn't have to haul ass to the basement office and have both kids in tow, it would be better. I have asked for a most unromantic laptop for my 35th birthday. How truly lame I have become.

Oh, and I had my hair cut super short because I was pulling it back with N's barrettes. It is really dumb to be wearing your preschoolers' hair accessories, so I just said "Chop it." That was last Saturday. Hey, I remembered what I did last Saturday. Amazing. My brain still does work.

Ok, I'm gonna stop typing because this is all so boring. I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

1 comment:

Giselle said...

I'm impressed by how much you remember about your week. I seriously can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning. But I still haven't washed the dishes, so I can go check. ;)

Is Graeme sleeping better now? Or was that just a one night anomoly? I can't spell that word. Seriously, if I can't remember breakfast, how am I supposed to spell. Brain. Deteriorating. So. Fast.