Adsense

Friday, January 11, 2008

My guilty pleasure

I can assure you it has nothing to do with sex. (Poor, poor D.)

I am totally addicted to People.com. I had been buying People, US and other celebrity rags but have decided that it is just as much fun and a lot cheaper to hit their websites.

Once I check my email and go through my favorite blogs, I am all over those stupid vacuous celebrities. All their baby bumps, freaky kid names and irreconcilable differences. Fun, fun, brainless fun.

I used to not want to read the mags because I thought it was beneath me. I "should" be reading literature (say it lit-trit-ture so you sound pompous). So I'd read Victorian novels and fight the urge to pick up a People in line at the grocery. But now, all my mind wants to do after a full day of mommying is read about Nicole Richie and Britney Spears. And I don't care who knows or who thinks I'm a twit for it.

Better than smoking weed to relax, right?

No comments: