Adsense

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sucky day (with a highlight)

When you feel pukey as soon as you drag your ass outta bed, you know it is gonna be a sucky day. I must have a little stomach bug because I spent a little more time than I like in the bathroom and have had virtually no appetite. And I had only enough energy to grab an extra pillow from the hall closet to make myself a little bed on the living room floor. So the malaise of which I wrote last night is still in effect only a little worse.

I wasn't so sick that I didn't notice all the lint on my carpet and crumbs/dirt on my kitchen floor. My purpose in being on the floor was so G could get to me for cuddles or whatever, but I didn't know it was gonna add to my neverending "To Do" list. Dammit.

N got in trouble at school today. Her first time. She and 4 other kids were put in Time Out for running. When her teacher left the room momentarily to get something, N and her friend decided to get up from their seats and hide. Seemed funny until her teacher made N and her friend stay in Time Out for the remainder of playtime as a result of not staying in their seats. Fortunately, her teacher said N was mortified, and she thinks it will not happen again. While a part of me is glad she is not a total obedient robot like I was as a child and has a bit of the mischevious about her, I am also a wee bit disappointed....but just a wee bit. I expect her to act a fool around me but I would prefer she not around her teachers.

G is learning how to dance. He stomps his feet, beats his hands on the couch or whatever piece of furniture is in front of him, and shakes his head back and forth. He'll stop to clap his hands, and then roll back into his little routine. I'm sure I'll read that this dance is a marker for autism, but for the moment I'm just gonna think it is a cute as heck. Seeing him do this while N and I watched cartoons from the floor was the highlight of my day.

Let's hope my GI tract feels better tomorrow because we've got a Halloween party to attend.

No comments: