Adsense

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Malaise

Most of the time I go chugging along pretty happily. I might have a bad spell of a day, but then it is over. I am now in the midst of a funk, largely because I am having my first period in 22 months. I knew it was coming. I'd been feeling twinges of activity in my abdomen for about a week, so I knew something was in the works. And I had been super freakin' irritable.

Going almost 2 years without a menstrual cycle really spoils a girl. I was just so, so even-keel. Now I remember how it felt to be ages 10-30, LBA (life before antidepressant). I would just have these episodes of blah....like nothing is really wrong, but everything feels not right. I always liked E.M. Forster's reference to a muddle in his novels, and that is how I thought of these times, although they never worked out quite as nicely as they did in A Room With a View and others. They would go away and eventually reappear.

So there it is. My malaise of the moment. Another reason to have a 3rd child. (Oh, and I obsess more when my ovaries are awakened.)

No comments: