Adsense

Saturday, October 4, 2008

To import or not?

I disabled the Notes on my facebook page from importing my blog posts because I had either a temporary loss of guts or a temporary surgence of conscience.

You see I had an idea for a post. The topic was how I wished more parents at N's preschool would send in fruits & veggies for snacks. I probably wouldn't have actually been able to make an entire blog post about this topic, but it got me stewing nonetheless.

I started worrying whether blogging this would tick someone off, namely some of the parents at N's school who are my "friends" on facebook. Would they think I was being overly critical? Would they think I was a butt-kisser because the teachers list fresh fruits & veggies as preferred snacks? Would they think I was making a judgment about them if they send crackers & cheese or Goldfish?

And then I got a surge of testosterone or something and said, "Dammit, I'm gonna write what I want and think what I want." If N gets a fruit or veggie at school, this is one less battle I have to have with her about eating a fruit or veggie. And she is waaaaay more likely to eat something nutritious at school than with me....peer pressure and all (and no other food options unlike at home). So what is the harm in me wishing that more parents would send in fruits or veggies and blogging about it?

Well, I guess I did manage to write a post all about wishing parents would send in fruits & veggies. How riveting. And the Notes app has now been reinstalled and will soon be importing this post. I don't think I'd ever make it in the big, mean world of real publishing, sissy that I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could find a bumper sticker saying "Stop feeding my child sugar, fats, and other crap for school snack!" It drives me CRAAZZYY. Maybe we should start our own school.