Adsense

Friday, October 24, 2008

I need a backbone

The downside to blogging and having it public (as opposed to only inviting certain people to view my blog) is that I have to digest the comments that may come from people who don't agree with me and feel compelled to tell me so. And even though I like to act all "fuck ya'll" as if I have a cast-iron gut, the truth is that I am antacid-addicted with a queasy GI tract.

For example, my blog about my pet peeves. Those things I mentioned do peeve me off....though not like in a Rush Limbaugh way. I'm not having to take blood pressure medicine or anything. These are slight irritations. But then a couple people commented about my married name peeves, and then I worry: Are they mad at me because I wrote what I wrote? Was I offensive in any way? Will they no longer consider me nice?

So it is this see-saw act I do, where I feel a need to say what I feel, get things off my chest, but then have to contend with any negative or simply contrary views. I know I am a glutton for punishment, but I also must feel a need to toughen up my yellow-bellied self.

Someone please kick me straight up in the ass if I ever decide to act on my secret desire to run for public office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record...I am not, nor have I ever been mad at you...(yet)

;o)