Adsense

Saturday, April 3, 2010

That's my secular girl

Tonight we all went to my parents' house to celebrate a very casual Easter (hell, everything my family does is casual).  And by all I mean me, D, N, G, and M, as well as my brother, SIL and their 3 kids.

Before we ate, my 5-year-old nephew R was asked to say grace, which is tradition in my parents' house.  (Note: My brother and his brood are a mass-attending family, as are my parents, and if you know me in any way, shape or form, you know that we are not.)

R said grace very well, and we all said, "Good job, R" after he had finished.

Not to be outdone but having forgotten the before-meal prayer she learned in preschool, my dear girl N said, "Can I say the Pledge?"

And so she recited the Pledge of Allegiance very well, and we all said, "Good job, N."

Dinner commenced.

We are such a heathen family.

No comments: