Adsense

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

3rd time down this stinkin' road

At least this time around it only took 2 nights before I finally went, "Oh yeah!  I'm having insomnia because it has been almost 3 weeks since M started solid food."  Unfortunately, my system is very sensitive to changes in my prolactin levels....the breastfeeding hormone.  And when my prolactin declines, so does my ability to sleep.

I'm back to taking Unisom to help shut my brain off at bedtime.

And the insomnia is a bellwether for other unpleasant emotional changes, like increased anxiety and anger. All due to starting baby M on cereal.

It is amazing what my brain forgets.  Like all this unpleasantness associated with slow weaning.

It makes me feel like I'm going crazy again, makes me feel waves of the sadness, the worry, the guilt, the "it's never, ever, ever going to feel good" again.

So I'm trying to just deal.  Take my Unisom.  Blog it out.  Let it pass.
Since I've already seen these signposts before.  Twice.

1 comment:

Muser Grace said...

Oh, I feel you on the insomnia crap. :(

Definitely thinking of you, and being impressed at your self-awareness! Hope it all evens out soon. Sending love and peace your way.