Adsense

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Shameless (ful) flirt

I don't often express sympathy for my husband, but he deserves it for numerous reasons.  No, not because I reorganize things constantly so he has to relearn where everything is.  And not because I am a bleh cook.

It has to be hard to live with a woman who is a flirt.

As a woman if I'm a jabber-mouth with other women I am just friendly.  But if I am a jabber-mouth with men, then I am a flirt.  Sexist, yes, but that's the way the bread is buttered.  And I am a talker, or typer, since much of my communication in this stay-at-home mom life is via FB and email.

I think it was in high school, or perhaps freshman year of college,  I got together with some friends to celebrate one of our birthdays.  We stopped at Kroger to pick up snacky foods, and while waiting in line I somehow got into a conversation with a cute guy.  I distinctly remember my friends saying something on the order of, "How do you do that?."

Another memory of my inherent flirtiness was when a coworker planned for people to go to happy hour in an attempt to hook me up with D.  D and I did talk a little, but I spent most of the evening flirting with Jose, the husband of one of D's coworkers.  D just sat across the table from me and listened, I guess.  Jose and I just went back and forth, yada-yada-yada.  So D knew what he was getting into.  One of us has to be the talker, right?

I don't think I'm a smarmy kind of flirter.  I think anyone who "flirts" with me knows that I'm all talk and no action.  I wouldn't dream of jeopardizing my marriage and family.

Still, I suspect if the shoe were on the opposite foot and D was the flirter, I probably wouldn't take it in stride, as I think he does.  Course, he doesn't talk much, so he could be bothered.  Until recently, I didn't know it bothered D that I didn't wear my engagement & wedding rings.  I've been wearing them daily ever since.

I reckon I'll soon find out if he's got a problem being wed to a flirt.

1 comment:

Keri said...

Okay, I was planning on writing a post on my own blog about the importance of protecting your marriage by guarding your interactions with the opposite sex. Now when you read it, you're going to think it's in response to this post. But I swear, I've been writing it in my head for a couple of weeks now, so it has absolutely nothing to do with your confession of flirtiness here! I promise! :-)