Adsense

Thursday, February 4, 2010

A little of this, and a little of that

Just odds and ends here to post.

1. We are looking to get a pretty chunky refund back, so my new flooring is on BABY!!!  And I grossly underestimated the cost of the flooring.  I was hoping for $3,000 or so.  Double that plus some, and that is the cheapest estimate we got.  But I am determined to get rid of this linoleum and carpet (with so much cat vomit stain I can't even stand it).

2. I know I don't want anymore children, but I am starting to feel all sentimental and baby-pangish what with M cutting 2 teeth in the last week.  He is growing up so much faster than N or G did.  And he's squealing for crying out loud.

3. I have got to get some pics of me nursing M.  With N, I had a zillion pics of her suckling.  With G, a few.  With M, none so far...well, maybe one from when he was first born.  I am trying to remember all the sweetness of him nursing.  Like how as he's nursing, he rubs his forehead with his hand, as if he is rubbing away all the stress of life as he gets his milk and comfort.  And that milk-drunk look, with the milk dribble running down his chin and his body utterly limp.

4. Tonight G zinged D at supper.  When I was doing something to help G, D started to say something to me.  G said, "We talkin," and shot his daddy a serious look.  D didn't get why I thought this was so funny until I mentioned that D is the one who shoots a serious look and says, "We're talking here," whenever N or G interrupt me and D while we are attempting a conversation at dinner.

5. I am starting to do some writing for a local magazine.  No, I don't have much time, but it makes me feel like I'm using my brain.  Which is unusual.  And nice.

6. N is having her 6-year-old birthday at My Gym.  We started filling out the invitations tonight.  She is biting at the bit, and even though we aren't doing it at home, I still somehow have a mountain of shit to do related to her birthday. I guess because she gets to take a treat into school too.

Alright, that's all for now.  I really need to go to bed.  Those darn teeth made M sleep like crap last night.  And therefore mommy slept like crap as well.

No comments: