Adsense

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 2 postpartum odds & ends

  • Today was my first day driving since delivering on the 7th. I took M to the doctor for a weight check (7 lb, 13 oz on Oct 12th, and 8 lb, 5.2 oz today) and to cauterize his belly button (which was gross and oozy). And then I got really crazy and took the kids to the new Target (with the help of my momma), which completely wore my ass out. I am amazed at women who get back in the saddle quickly after delivering....of course, having a c-section is an altogether different ballgame than delivering vaginally.
  • I'm still anxious over any and all health-related issues. N was sick over the weekend and is still coughing (and starting with some nasal stuffiness). G started today with congestion and a bit of a runny nose. In the shower last night, I noticed a tiny, hard, slightly bulgy spot near my incision which I worry is a hernia (because despite being told not to lift anything above 10 lbs for 6 weeks, I do have to care for a toddler during the daytime, which means lift him into his crib). And then there is still no damned H1N1 vaccine anywhere NEAR my home. This fall and winter are gonna be the psychological death of me.
  • I really need a haircut, but that ain't gonna happen for awhile. Probably sometime around the time I venture out to Target again. Or the mall again.

2 comments:

Keri said...

Hey, I have a tip that might work for you for getting G in and out of his crib. Can you lower the side of the crib, get down on one knee (as if proposing to someone)and let him climb from your knee and up into the bed? You can kind of give him a shove on the butt if necessary to get him over. And kind of vice-versa on the way out of the crib? This worked pretty well for me with Audrey, but every bed (and kid) is different...

Keri said...

Oh, and I know that getting up and down isn't easy or comfortable either, but at least you can do it kind of slowly, and you aren't lifting anything heavy that way.

I also had an issue with the high chair, until I quickly realized that taking the tray off would help tremendously. (We've always moved kids into and out of the seat without removing the tray.) I just sat down in a chair next to the highchair and let Audrey climb into my lap and then into the highchair. She got down the same way too.