Adsense

Friday, October 9, 2009

First 48 hours......

And I can't seem to remember that this new boy's name is not G. I keep saying, "Wanna nurse, G?" and "Is G asleep?" (to D when he's holding him). Poor M....hand-me-down clothing and toys, a bedroom to share with his brother, and he won't even have his own identity because his mother is simply unable to recall his legal name.

Despite this, I am completely in love. M has a big round face and looks like a chipmunk. The hospital photographer came around this morning and got some extremely cute pics of him (which should be on the our365 website in a couple days).

He is a great little nurser. I guess with him being my 3rd and having all purpose nipple ointment from the get-go, I am finding nursing to be quite pleasant. There is something so wonderful about nursing a newborn. This sounds totally dorky, but there is something very empowering for me to breastfeed, to provide my baby with all his nutritional needs.

I had a little bout of sadness this morning, after talking to G on the phone. He has been handling my absence very well, but will talk to himself and say, "Mommy be back." I wonder how he'll react once I am back at home. N, I know, will be thrilled to see both me and M.

So I am going to enjoy the remainder of today. Relaxing and healing and taking occasional walks on the maternity floor.

Before I am officially inducted into the role of 3 times a mom.

No comments: