Adsense

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin picking while pregnant


This past Saturday, I took the kids and my cousin, Devin, to a nearby farm to go on a hayride and pick pumpkins. Devin is a photographer, and we have been trying to do some maternity pictures but between busy weekends and unpleasant weather, we were down to the wire. So she suggested we do a few maternity shots as well as just some fun pics of the kids.



The shots she took turned out beautifully, I think. Far more artistic than anything I am ever able to get. I have her site linked to mine, Flashy Photography, in case you'd like to see her other work.



Devin did me another service, beyond the photographs. As of late, I had been feeling kinda pathetic in my mommy duties until she reminded me that at under a week until delivery I was going on a hayride and pumpkin picking with my children, which is hardly anything to sniff at. It's that objectivity that makes for good pictures and the good sense to recognize when someone is doing a pretty good job, all things considered.

Love you, Dev.








1 comment:

Kelsey said...

LOVE the pictures, especially that first one. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow - can't wait to hear all about it and welcome that new baby!