Adsense

Friday, April 11, 2008

What Tough Really Means

Awhile ago we visited a friend's house and on the way home N said, "That P is really tough." I was confused because P isn't a mean, especially "tough" person, at least to my way of thinking. When I asked what N meant about tough, she said, "She has a lot of food in her." Ohhhh, you mean fat.

Since then N has refused to eat tough carrots. My MIL, upon hearing N's comment, started talking about how they might be a little stale, but when I asked N to show me the carrot she didn't want to eat, it was thick. Or fat.

I thought it was cute, her little euphemism for fat. That was until yesterday when she and I and G were sitting on the couch together. N leaned over on my belly, raised my shirt a bit, flapped on my skin and said, "Your belly is tough."

Shit.

No comments: